Get Free ACN Daily Headlines
Search Auction Central News
Premiere Props to auction items of film legends June 23-24
|Written by Auction House PR|
|Wednesday, 06 June 2012 12:30|
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Premiere Props announced will be auctioning off over 1,000 Hollywood costumes and props including several personal items from Hollywood icons Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis Jr., Liberace and Michael Jackson, plus hundreds of items from contemporary films including the “Harry Potter during their Hollywood Extravaganza VI on Saturday, June 23, and Sunday, June 24. The auction will take place at Premiere Props’ headquarters beginning at 11 a.m. PDT, with a preview from 9-11 a.m. each day.
LiveAuctioneers.com will provide Internet live bidding.
The star-studded lineup includes:
– Elizabeth Taylor’s personal 36-foot dressing room/trailer from the set of Cleopatra;
– Marilyn Monroe’s personally owned Pucci dress;
– Rare negatives from Marilyn Monroe;
– Frank Sinatra’s trench coat from The First Deadly Sin;
– Frank Sinatra’s stage-used bar stool from his concert performance in Brazil;
– Never before released photographs of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 during their last recording session as the Jackson 5 (includes all rights to the photos);
– Michael Jackson’s original signed deed to Neverland Ranch;
– Unreleased Elvis Presley negatives and photographs;
– Program from Michael Jackson memorial service;
– The Monkees’ autographed guitars;
– Davy Jones’ stage worn shirt;
– Brandon Lee’s shirt from The Crow;
– Rock Hudson’s frock coat and helmet from Bengal Brigade;
– Tony Curtis’ military jacket from Suppose They Gave a War; and
– Dean Martin’s military jacket from Airport.
Also included is a collection of Sammy Davis Jr.’s stage-worn costumes including a black tuxedo by Sy Devore, Hollywood, with a gray vest, black silk bow tie by Sulka and a blue dress shirt with lace trim and mother of pearl buttons embroidered “Sammy Jr” by Natlvise, Sunset Strip (May 1973); a blue and gray striped double breasted custom-styled suit by Certo, Beverly Hills, with a blue and orange shirt custom made by Ascot Chang; and a Levis jacket and pants with rhinestones depicting “Love each other” on the back with flowers, hearts, butterfly, bird and star designs.
A collection of Liberace’s costumes includes a jeweled velvet and lace tuxedo with tails and matching pants, vest, dickey and velvet bow tie choker that is pictured on Liberace’s album The Way We Were, includes record album; and his original Bicentennial costume—a rhinestone covered red, white and blue leather jacket with fringe matching hot pant shorts, handbag and necklace—which was featured during his 1971 run at Caesar’s Palace.
Also offered are hundreds of props from contemporary films including the Harry Potter and Piranha franchises.
“Hollywood Extravaganza VI will truly be an extravaganza, as we are offering fans a once in a lifetime opportunity to bid on amazing and rare personal objects from legendary stars like Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis Jr. and Frank Sinatra,” said Dan Levin, vice president of marketing for Premiere Props. “These items all hold a place in the history of Hollywood and we are delighted that we are able to bring them to adoring fans around the world.”
Fans can starting bidding now, placing bids online at http://www.liveauctioneers.com or calling to set up phone bidding with a Premiere Props representative. Collectors can place proxy bids until the Hollywood Extravaganza V Auction goes live at 11 a.m. on June 23.
For more information, visit http://www.premiereprops.com or call 310-322-PROP or 888-761-PROP.
View the fully illustrated catalog and register to bid absentee or live via the Internet as the sale is taking place by logging on to www.LiveAuctioneers.com.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE
|Last Updated on Monday, 18 June 2012 16:08|